Your adventure begins with 'The Truth in This Art' podcast, presented by your host, Rob Lee. Today we have Noah Silas, a seasoned professional Actor, and Director, who hails from Baltimore, Maryland's west side. With comprehensive immersion in the creative process, Noah's journey encompasses classical training and mentorship from esteemed acting and voice coaches on the East Coast. His versatile skill set spans performance arts, directing, and film production/editing, earning him acclaim from local to international audiences. Noah boasts an impressive repertoire of over a dozen critically acclaimed stage and film credits, showcasing his dedication to the craft. He's an advocate for the therapeutic and transformative power of acting, evident through his involvement in impactful projects like HBO's "We Own This City," where he seeks to provoke thought and leave a lasting impression on audiences.
In this session:
- Embark on a profound exploration of the therapeutic power of acting in Noah Silas's life, as he shares his journey from personal transformation to professional pursuit.
- Join us as we unravel Noah's deliberate quest for roles that provoke thought and resonate deeply, leaving an indelible mark on audiences' hearts and minds.
- Peel back the layers of method acting and safe spaces in the world of performance, as Noah Silas navigates the delicate dance between authenticity and maintaining a secure atmosphere on set.
- Dive into the grassroots movement as we delve into Noah's vision for bolstering union work in Baltimore, forging a path towards sustainable opportunities and stronger support for local actors.
- Tune in to Noah's insights on nurturing an enduring connection with the creative journey, where unwavering commitment to the craft and a profound love for the process become the bedrock of an artist's evolution and longevity.
Noah shares his journey in the world of acting and the importance of falling in love with the process. He talks about his first experience performing in elementary school and how acting has become a therapy and a way to express himself. Noah emphasizes the significance of choosing roles that have depth and meaning and the importance of creating a safe space for actors. He also discusses his experience working on HBO's "We Own This City" and the need for more union work in Baltimore. Noah concludes by encouraging artists to stay committed to their craft and to always be a student of the art.
Mentioned in this episode:
🎧🌟 Don't forget to rate and review this episode to support the best in podcasting! 🌟🎧
The Truth In This Art is not just about exploring art, culture, and community—it's a platform that actively engages with them. Whether you're discovering the vibrant arts scene in and around your community or tasting the local flavors at Foraged, you're immersed in the heartbeat of Baltimore. Located in the Station North Arts & Entertainment District, foraged. a hyper-seasonal eatery where Chef Chris Amendola serves farm-fresh seasonal plates alongside beer & wine, all in an atmosphere as warm and inviting as our podcast conversations. The space, adorned with greenery, mirrors the eatery's commitment to local and seasonal ingredients, a philosophy that's deeply rooted in the natural world—just like the authentic stories we explore on the podcast. It's a full-circle community experience, even featuring a signature cocktail named after Rob Lee. With Chef Amendola being a frequent guest on our show, the partnership illuminates the rich intersections of arts, culture, and community that we both celebrate. Discover more at foragedeatery.com.★ Support this podcast ★