In this episode, host Rob Lee interviews freelance illustrator Kevin Jay Stanton, creator of the Botanica tarot deck. They discuss Kevin's inspiration behind combining botanical art with mysticism, the importance of community support, and the joy of sharing the creative process. Tune in to learn more about Kevin's journey and his passion for plants, symbolism, and mythology.
- Introduction to Kevin Jay Stanton and his focus on botanical art. 🎨 [00:00:10]
- Early inspirations, including Van Gogh, Georgia O'Keeffe, and mythology. 🌌 [00:01:50]
- The inspiration behind Botanica tarot and the language of flowers. 🌸 [00:05:16]
- The importance of creating the deck he truly wanted to make. 💫 [00:11:38]
- Engaging with the small press expo and the supportive community. 🤝 [00:22:17]
- The value of openness and sharing in the creative process. 🔄 [00:28:36]
- Restorative practices and rituals, including gardening and anime. 🌱📺 [00:42:31]
- Follow your passion and create the work you truly want to make. 🚀
- Engage with supportive communities and share your knowledge and experiences. 🤗
- Find restorative practices that bring you joy and inspiration. 🌟
Check out Kevin Jay Stanton's website kevinjaystanton.com to explore his botanical art and learn more about the Botanica Tarot Deck. Follow him on social media for updates on his latest projects.
Instagram: kevinjaystanton 📸
🎙️🌟 Enjoyed this episode? Don't forget to rate and review it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Your feedback helps us reach more listeners and share these inspiring stories. Plus, it only takes a minute and means the world to us. Thank you! 🙏
Also, consider supporting our Patreon. 🎁 By becoming a patron, you'll get access to exclusive content, behind-the-scenes updates, and help us continue creating more episodes like this. Every contribution makes a difference. 🌸 Check out the link in the show notes to join our Patreon community. We appreciate your support! 🌟💖★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★
Creators and Guests
The Truth In This Art is an interview series featuring artists, entrepreneurs and tastemakers in & around Baltimore.